Monday, August 3, 2009

dreams, poems, and life-long friends


I had a dream the other night that I was some how back in The States. i was really pissed off and kept telling everyone, " Why am I here?! I'm not supposed to be here, I'm supposed to be in South Africa!" and I was trying to get a flight back to RSA but there were no openings. i woke up smiling at the realization that in my life right now, Im not supposed to be any where but here.

***
Some fellow PCVs dropped some Shel Silverstein books off for the Youth Centre to keep. This particular poem really speaks to me...

"draw a crazy picture,
write a nutty poem,
sing a mumble-gumble song,
whistle through your comb.
do a loony-goony dance
'cross the kitchen floor,
put something silly in the world
that aint been there before."
- Shel Silverstein

***
I've made some incredible South African friends these past couple of weeks. They're the kind of friends i know will be in my life forever, especially since I plan on eventually living on their plot of land when i come back to South Africa to work.



1 comment:

  1. put something silly in the world...shake your sillies out <3

    ReplyDelete