Monday, August 3, 2009

Meditation


***
I close my eyes and let my heart do its work. It clangs against my sternum, steadily gaining speed and intensity to help it achieve its goal. My chest cracks open and my heart flutters upwards, perching itself on that light fixture I've been meaning to fix for weeks. It beats in rhythm with the music floating from my bedroom, with the jumbled syllables of my baby brother's first words, with the twitch of my pup's paws as she runs after the chickens in her dreams... it beats with the rhythm of the universe.

I tilt my head back and let my blood spill to the floor. It trickles down my stomach, pooling in my belly button before creating a larger puddle on the floor, underneath the light fixture where my heart is perched. The reflection of my beating heart creates waves in the pool of dark red liquid, causing it to ripple outwards. Red and white blood cells, platelets, and plasma coat my tiled floor and begin searching for cracks in the walls to seep through. They find them without much trouble and pulse their way to the fruit trees and piles of dog shit that line my house.

With the viscous liquid out of its way, the sun shines through me and sets my internal organs on fire. I burst into flames, into infinite energy, and i join the photons on their journey throughout the cosmos...

***

1 comment: