Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Essentials

** Water is back.... in fact, it rained for almost 48 hours straight. At first the water on the tin roof is relaxing, but after 24 hours of constant rain you begin to feel like your at Gitmo during the Bush regime and under some sort of water torture.**

**Now that the water is back the electricity is touch and go. Its favorite time to go out is when I'm in the middle of cooking a scrumptious vegan meal (yes, Daddy, I did just put 'scrumptious' and 'vegan' in the same sentence)**

** Its Winter now in South Africa and its cold... its cold 24/7 because there is not indoor heating anywhere. Its so cold right now I can see my breath inside the house. Bucket baths= no sharp sharp. **

** Respite is on the way in the form of a ten day trip to Cape Town! We are in the planning stages but what i can tell you now is that my chomis and I will be staying in a hippie commune along the way and couch surfing with a gay couple for a few days once we reach our destination. Hippies and gay men are two of my favorite things and they are both about to be in my life again! Ke ithumetse thata! ( Im so happy!) **

Be thankful for running water and indoor heating, beechez,
Heather/Bontle

No comments:

Post a Comment